What are the 6 Pillars?
1. Workforce Development
- Find current workers ready to step onto your job site
- Find future workers through career tech and traditional high schools, scholarships
- Reduce turnover through crew leadership and mentoring
- Custom skilled trades education programs and registered apprenticeship
- Professional development programs to retain your finest employees
- Funding options to save money or get training for Free
- Custom Training, Classroom Training (Mid America OSHA), Online Training, Apprenticeship, STEP, Project Management
3. World Class Safety
- ABC has partnered with Mid-America OSHA Education Center to bring our members World Class Safety Training
- ABC Safety Peer Groups and Annual Conference share updates and best practices -- reducing or eliminating injuries and illnesses
- ABC Safety programs and services: Safety Inspections/Audits, Toolbox Talks, STEP, OSHA Challenge, Safe and Healthy Construction, Drug Free Workplace
- ABC offers products and services that allow members to establish a strong communication network between their field personnel and office. With efficient knowledge sharing across all crews, users will save time, increase work quality, and empower their workforce to stay safe.
- ABC fosters communication between members enabling General and Prime Contractors to more easily find quality Subcontractors/Owners/Developers; Subcontractors to connect with General/ Contractors.
- ABC enables access to vetted professionals:
- Attorneys that understand construction and labor law
- HR professionals to help with hiring, firing, benefits, and staying compliant
- Insurance professionals to help with bonding and mitigating risk
- Technology professionals to help with estimating, payroll, job costing, etc.
- ABC helps members strengthen business connections, raise their company profile, and WIN new business
- ABC helps members enhance their brand and reputation, attracting more positive attention
- ABC exclusive Professional Development and Peer Groups improve sales techniques and how to use of proven marketing techniques to improve profit margins.
- Events, Social Media, Press Releases
- ABC is the largest and most widely recognized construction trade association, acting exclusively for the merit shop. As a member, your voice is heard in local, state and federal government
- ABC employs full-time legislative staff AND contract lobbyists to protect your rights, keeping markets free and open
- ABC works with developers on best practices to create bidding opportunities and worksite rules that benefit all contractors and the industry.
- Issues and Endorsements